Category Archives: Rumours
A four team deal involving the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers.
- Denver Nuggets receive Andre Iguodala (from Philadelphia)
- Los Angeles Lakers receive C Dwight Howard (from Orlando)
- Orlando Magic receive G Arron Afflalo (from Denver), F Al Harrington (from Denver), C/F Nikola Vucevic (from Philadelphia), F Maurice Harkless (from Philadelphia) and three first-round draft picks (one from Denver, one from Los Angeles and one from Philadelphia)
- Philadelphia 76ers receive C Andrew Bynum (from Los Angeles), G/F Jason Richardson (from Orlando)
This deal is STILL A RUMOUR as it is yet to be finalized, but this is the furthest any conversations concerning Dwight Howard have gone. Below are links to other posts in this situation:
- The Minnesota Timberwolves sign C Greg Stiemsma after the Boston Celtics refused to match their offer sheet
- The New York Knicks sign G Chris Smith (brother of current Knick J.R. Smith)
- The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest to G Leandro Barbosa
- The Boston Celtics and F Jeff Green are finalizing terms for this season
- G/F Mikael Pietrus’ agent is in talks with the Milwaukee Bucks
- The Cleveland Cavaliers trade G D.J. Kennedy to the Memphis Grizzlies for G Jeremy Pargo, cash considerations and a 2014 second-round draft pick
- The Phoenix Suns re-sign G Shannon Brown to a 2 year deal
- Andrei Kirilenko will not sign with the Brooklyn Nets as they can only offer the veterans minimum.
- Andrei Kirilenko is being looked at by the Minnesota Timberwolves after they failed to sign F Nicolas Batum
THREE TEAM TRADE – RUMOUR (SHOULD BE FINALISED SOON):
Three team trade involving the New Orleans Hornets, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Phoenix Suns:
- The Hornets receive C Robin Lopez (from Phoenix), F Hakim Warrick (from Phoenix) and cash considerations
- The Timberwolves receive G Jermoe Dyson (from New Orleans), C Brad Miller* (from New Orleans) and 2 second-round draft picks (from New Orleans)
- The Suns receive F Wesley Johnson (from Minnesota) and a first-round draft pick (from Minnesota)
*Brad Miller is owed $5.1 million dollars this season, though he has announced retirement, he is still entitled to this salary.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves offer restricted free agent C Greg Stiemsma to an offer sheet – the Boston Celtics have 3 days to match or decline
- The Chicago Bulls sign G Kirk Hinrich
- The Brooklyn Nets sign G C.J. Watson
- The Chicago Bulls decline to match the Houston Rockets offer sheet for C Omer Asik
- The Utah Jazz sign G Randy Foye for 1 year
- The Phoenix Suns sign F Michael Beasley for 3 years
- The New York Knicks sign F Ronnie Brewer for 1 year and C Marcus Camby for 3 years
- The Sacramento Kings sign G Aaron Brooks
- The Dallas Mavericks sign F Elton Brand
- The San Antonio Spurs resign F Tim Duncan and G/F Danny Green
- The Boston Celtics and F Jeff Green will reach an agreement after missing the last season due to illness
- The Los Angeles Lakers are interested in G Delonte West
- The Chicago Bulls will sign G Marco Belinelli
- The Brooklyn Nets are pursuing F Andrei Kirilenko
- The Phoenix Suns will re-sign G Shannon Brown for $7 million over 2 years – averaged 11 points, 1.2 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game this season (all above career averages)
- The Los Angeles Lakers will re-sign F/C Jordan Hill – averaged 4.8 points and 6.3 rebounds in 18 minutes a game over 12 games in the Lakers’ playoffs run
- The Denver Nuggets signed free agent F Anthony Randolph – career averages of 8.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game over 4 seasons
DWIGHT HOWARD NEWS:
Dwight Howard’s agent – Dan Fegan – has made it clear that, after next season, Dwight will test free agency no matter which team he plays for this season.
- Forward Antawn Jamison will sign a 1 year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers
- The Chicago Bulls are interested in C Darko Milicic (former number 2 overall draft pick in 2003)
- All-Star C Dwight Howard is OK to sign a contract extension if traded to the Los Angeles Lakers
League rumours update:
- The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a 2-year deal with F Kris Humphries for $24 million
- G/F Mike Miller won’t retire, will re-sign with the Miami Heat
- The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have begun discussions about possible deals for Dwight Howard. No details have been released other than the Lakers want a commitment from Dwight to sign a contract extension.
The New York Knicks are apparently letting restricted free agent Jeremy Lin walk to the Houston Rockets after his incredible breakout season.
Sources have stated that it was purely a business decision to let him leave – the contract Houston offered will pay Lin $14.8 million in 2014-15 (his third season). In the 2014-15 season, the Knicks already have $23.4 million owing to Amar’e Stoudemire, $23.5 million owing to Carmelo Anthony as well as $14.6 million owing to Tyson Chandler.
According to the latest CBA salary tax rules, the Knicks would face over $28 million in tax in the 2014-15 season by having all 4 players on their roster.
Please note that all “announcements”, “talks”, etc. are considered to be rumours until deals are completed, signed and formally accepted by the NBA.
- The Indiana Pacers will re-sign C Roy Hibbert and G George Hill
- The Dallas Mavericks will sign G OJ Mayo
- Jonny Flynn is working out with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks
- The Los Angeles Clippers are attempting to sign G/F Grant Hill and will re-sign G Chauncey Billups
- The San Antonio Spurs will re-sign Australian G Patty Mills
- Jeremy Lin has signed a three year offer sheet from the Houston Rockets. The offer sheet is worth over $25 million and will pay $5 million in the first year, $5.225 million in the second year and $14.8 million in the final year
Rumoured Offers / Signings:
- Grant Hill (UFA) is interested in signing with either the Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder or Los Angeles Lakers.
- The Houston Rockets are still attempting to get Dwight Howard – offering to amnesty Luis Scola and trade several first-round draft picks to the Orlando Magic. The Rockets will also take on the contracts of Jason Richardson, Glen Davis and Chris Duhon.
- The Dallas Mavericks are interested in bidding on Luis Scola.
- The Los Angeles Lakers are looking to sign either Antawn Jamison, Elton Brand or Jermaine O’Neal under the veteran’s minimum.